Saturday, October 22, 2016

Diwali Card - Day 1

Hello Everyone!  
Its that time of the year when we start preparing for Diwali at home. Diwali start from 28th October and I'm all set to mail out Diwali cards to my loved ones here and back home. Like last year I will be sharing a few Diwali themed cards for you all to get inspired from. If you want to check my Diwali cards from last year you can click here.
Today's card is inspired from the Sketch Saturday #435. Here is the sketch


This week's sponsor for Sketch Saturday are Drawn with Character


Drawn with Character


Let's have a look at the card now.




Here is a closeup of the texture on the blue side.


This is a whimsical card using the Firecracker from Drawn with Character. I have printed it on Strathmore - bristol paper twice, die-cut one with Sizzix circle die, fuzzy cut the 2nd image with scissors & colored it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens (colors mentioned in supply list). I mounted the fuzzy cut image exactly on the other image which is on the circle die-cut using foam tape. For the background I have used a red shade patterned paper from Teressa Collins - Fabrication paper pad & the blue side is created by stenciling modelling paste using Tim Holtz stencil and spritzing with Dylusions ink. The sentiment is created using Sticko - Mini Black letters stickers. Finally added finishing touches using few rhinestones.

I hope you all liked my card. I would love to hear back from you all. Thank you very much for taking your time to notice it. Hope to hear again from all of  u soon. Till then take care. :)

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding :-) 


Supplies used:  
Strathmore Bristol paper  
Recollection card base - white
Recollection cardstock - red, navy blue (matting the pattern papers)
Sizzix circle dies
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens - (050, 052, 070, 025, 031, 037, 091)
Golden - Modelling paste 
Timo Holtz stencil - Burlap
Dylusions ink spray - London Blue, After Midnight
Teressa Collins pattern paper pad 6x6 - Fabrication 
Spatula
Darice Heat gun Rhinestones - Orange, Blue
Sticko sticker - mini black letters  
Foam tape
Tombow Mono glue  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drive more traffic to your online store using performance based marketing.