Sunday, August 6, 2017

Happy Rakhi

Hello Everyone!!!

Today's post is a special one.  According to Hindu calendar tomorrow we celebrate "Rakshabandhan" all over India. Back in the olden days, Rajput queens sent "Rakhi" threads to rulers of neighboring states as a token of brotherhood. The rulers in turn vowed to protect them for life.  Today the festival symbolizes the same love and affection between brothers and sisters. While the sisters pray for the lifelong well being of their brothers, the brothers promise to care for them for as long as they live. People in India celebrate Rakhi with a lot of fun and enthusiasm.

For this auspicious occasion, I have created a few beautiful and easy card as well handmade Rakhi ideas using art supplies in my stash. I hope you like it. Lets have a look at them. 





For the card I did not feel like inventing the wheel all over as the Rakhi was more important to me. So I just followed this card idea all over again as is to created the card.  For the Rakhi I braided a few strands of red, green, yellow cross stitch threads along with few strands of  DMC Gold threads. Using some layered floral dies, I created the flowers, attahed leaves to them and finally adhered them to the braid. 

I am submitting this card to:
I hope you all liked the card as well as Rakhi idea. I would love to hear back from you all. Thank you very much for taking your time to notice it. Hope to hear again from all of  u soon. 
Till then take care. :)


PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding :-)    

Supplies used:
Recollection card base - Maroon
Recollection card stock - Beige
Verve Stamps  stamp set- Peaceful Medallions  (discontinued stamp set)
Altenew stamp set - Hennah Elements : Altenew | SSS
Lil' Inker Designs stamp set - Modern mehndi : Link
Peek a Boo Designs stamp set - All Occasions Hindi : Link
Simon Says Stamp Dye ink - Schoolhouse red  : SSS
Spellbinders die set - Rose Creations : SSS
Misti Stamping tool original : SSS
Fiskars paper trimmer : SSS
Tombow Mono glue : SSS   
Lawn Fawn Stamp Shammy : SSS
Rhinestones
DMC Metallic thread - Gold : SSS


3 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous. The gems and the color combo make it so elegant. I loved reading the story behind this.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Drive more traffic to your online store using performance based marketing.